Are you tired of dealing with tired looking, puffy eyes? If so, you are not alone. Countless women have the same skin problem. But there is hope! There are several ways in which you can attempt to alleviate puffy eyes. But before we get into that, let’s first look deeper into the root of the problem.
What Causes Puffy Eyes / Bags under the Eyes?
There are actually several culprits that may be causing your puffy eyes, including:
- Edema: Puffy eyes can be caused by a build-up of fluid in the tissues around the eyes, call the orbits.
- Hormones: Fluctuating hormones can increase the potential for your body to retain fluids…even around your eyes.
- Allergies: Are you allergic to anything? It may be causing those bags under your eyes.
- Aging: Yes, unfortunately puffy eyes / bags under your eyes can happen as a result of aging.
But just because you suffer from puffy eyes does not mean you have to live with puffy eyes! There are several skincare tips and tricks that may help rid you of those dreaded bags under your eyes.
Plantogen® Recommended Skincare Regimen to Alleviate Puffy Eyes
- Get Enough Sleep: Puffy eyes is a common symptom of sleep deprivation. So try to get a little more rest every night.
- Elevate your Head When Sleeping: Lying down for several hours in a horizontal position allows fluid to build up around the eyes. So when you stand, the fluid that was resting under your eyes is suddenly being pulled down by gravity. To try and alleviate this, try elevating your head when you sleep to reduce the amount of fluid around your eyes.
- Cooling the Eyes: There are several home remedies for treating puffy eyes, including: placing slices of cucumber on the eyes; placing moist teabags over the eyes; and even placing cooled spoons over your puffy eyes. A celebrity makeup artist trick is to keep Plantogen® Corrective Eye Gel in the refrigerator and then apply before makeup. This was used on eth set of a number of Columbia pictures movies, including recently in Men in Black 3!
- Drinking Water: One of the potential causes of your puffy eyes could be dehydration.
- See your Doctor: If the cause of your puffy eyes is allergies, your doctor may be able to prescribe medication to help alleviate your symptoms.
- Plantogen® Corrective Eye Gel: This eye gel both hydrates and soothes, to help minimize the appearance of wrinkles and dry lines around the eye area. Plantogen® Corrective Eye Gel also acts on ‘bags’ under eyes to lessen signs of fatigue by promoting suppleness to make the skin smoother.
Active Ingredients & Benefits of Plantogen® Corrective Eye Gel
- Witch Hazel Extract: Helps clean and disinfect skin. Refreshes tired looking skin.
- Aloe Vera: Promotes and aids in skin healing.
- Cucumber Extract: High in potassium, silicon, sulphur and other minerals said to rejuvenate cells.
- Green Tea Extract: Neutralizes effects of free radicals and protects against extreme environmental impact.
- Chamomile Extract: Soothing to all skin types.
For more Professional Skin Care Advice and more information about Plantogen® Corrective Eye Gel, please contact Plantogen® at 1-888-851-6533 or click here today!
Plantogen® plant derived spa therapy combines pure plant extracts with scientific know how. Plant energy is powerful. The essence of health and beauty comes from within. We can make ourselves feel and look better by taking care of our bodies. Nurture yourself, relieve stress, respect your body and soul. Stay calm, be happy, drink lots of water.
Our philosophy to skincare is this simple.
All Plantogen® products are made in New Zealand where we believe the pace is a little slower, the air is a little cleaner and the water a little purer.
Check us out on Facebook and Twitter as well.