Fine lines and wrinkles. They are a woman’s worst nightmare. They are also a natural part of aging. But why?
The truth is that no one knows exactly why we age or why we age at different rates. There are, however, a few theories about this, including:
1. Aging is caused by accumulated injuries from ultraviolet light, “wear and tear” on the body, by-products of metabolism, etc.
2. Aging is a predetermined, genetically controlled process.
3. Most gerontologists (people who study aging) feel that aging is the cumulative effect of the interaction of many lifelong influences, such as diet, exercise and leisure, past illnesses, etc.
Each person ages at a unique rate, as the regeneration properties of the skin decreases. And as these regenerative properties decrease, skin begins to lose moisture, tension, and elasticity.
But you can fight these physiological signs of aging with the help of moisturizers and cleansers with active ingredients, such antioxidants! Products like these can help the skin improve its water binding properties and its regeneration capability.
What are Antioxidants and how do they help?
Antioxidants refer to a group of compounds that fight free radicals.
Free radicals are molecules – formed through a natural process called oxidation – which wreak havoc on living cells, negatively affecting your skin and other vital parts of your body. These free radicals can be caused by any number of factors, from smoke and pesticides to sun exposure.
Antioxidants – like Vitamin C, Vitamin E, Catalase, and Beta Carotene – help neutralize the effects of free radicals, preventing them from doing damage to your skin.
Moisturizers and Cleansers with Antioxidants
Plantogen® products combine some of Mother Nature’s well known healers such as Manuka Honey, Chamomile, Jojoba, Aloe Vera, fruit oils, herbs, Vitamin A derived Retinol and antioxidants. Three of these products are Plantogen®’s Anti Aging Cream Cleanser, Skin Brightening Anti Aging Moisturizer, and Skin Bright Gentle Microdermabrasion.
Plantogen® Recommended Daily Skin Care Regimen
1. First, use Plantogen®’s Anti Aging Cream Cleanser (daily). Apply a small amount of the cleanser into palm of hand. Apply the cleanser to your face and massage. Then wash off any excess with a warm wash cloth or sponge.
2. Next, apply Plantogen®’s Skin Brightening Anti Aging Moisturizer (daily). Massage the moisturizer onto your face, avoiding the delicate eye area.
3. Then, use Plantogen®’s Skin Bright Gentle Microdermabrasion (periodically). Use Skin Bright Gentle Microdermabrasion weekly on normal to dry skin and every 4 days on oily and combination skin. Apply a small amount onto your palm and apply to the face, avoiding the eye area. Then wash off any excess with warm water.
At Plantogen®, we know the anti-aging potential of Green Tea, Vitamin C, Vitamin E, Retinol, and other antioxidants in neutralizing the effects of skin damaging free radicals.
Plantogen® plant derived spa therapy combines pure plant extracts with scientific know how. Plant energy is powerful. The essence of health and beauty comes from within. We can make ourselves feel and look better by taking care of our bodies. Nurture yourself, relieve stress, respect your body and soul. Stay calm, be happy, drink lots of water.
Our philosophy to skincare is this simple.
All Plantogen® products are made in New Zealand where we believe the pace is a little slower, the air is a little cleaner and the water a little purer.