Aging is a natural part of life. And there are two different types of aging: intrinsic aging and extrinsic aging.
Intrinsic Aging: Natural aging
At 25, your body begins to physically show signs of aging as your skin’s ability to regenerate slows down. At 45, your skin begins to thin and your body starts to experience hormonal changes. Collagen production begins to slow, and elastin – the substance that enables your skin to snap back into place – begins to lose its snap. This is when your skin starts to become more fragile as it loses its natural elasticity. And without elasticity, your skin begins to show the external signs of aging, including:
- Fine lines
- Thin and transparent skin
- Bones shrink away from the skin due to bone loss, which causes sagging skin
- Dry skin
- And more!
Extrinsic Aging: Aging caused by environmental factors
There are numerous external factors that can speed up the aging process, including:
- Sun exposure – photoaging
- Repetitive facial expressions
- Sleeping positions
- Excessive alcohol intake
- And more!
Tips for Improving Skin Elasticity
- Decrease Sugar Intake: You should keep your sweets to a minimum, at no more than 10% of your total caloric intake.
- Wear Sunscreen: Unprotected skin will lose its elasticity more quickly.
- Antioxidants: Antioxidants fight cell-damaging free radicals that can lead to premature aging.
- Avoid Smoking and Excessive Drinking: Smoke and excessive alcohol intake can be damaging to your skin.
- Utilize Plantogen® Intensive Firming Serum: An intensive firming serum with Green Tea (an antioxidant) and an active standardized botanical complex of plant extracts, a combination of Lady’s Thistle, which is a free radical scavenger, Lady’s Mantle, Horsetail, Soy Germ, Wheat Germ, Alfalfa, and Radish extracts. Results in firmer, younger looking skin. It is a gel base so it encourages the active ingredients to be more readily absorbed into the skin. Ideal for use around the eyes especially around any fine lines.
In a forty-five (45) day clinical study, a significant improvement in skin elasticity around the eye area and wrinkle reduction of 36.7%, was demonstrated, making skin look younger.
Plantogen® plant derived spa therapy combines pure plant extracts with scientific know how. Plant energy is powerful. The essence of health and beauty comes from within. We can make ourselves feel and look better by taking care of our bodies. Nurture yourself, relieve stress, respect your body and soul. Stay calm, be happy, drink lots of water.
Our philosophy to skincare is this simple.
All Plantogen® products are made in New Zealand where we believe the pace is a little slower, the air is a little cleaner and the water a little purer.