You spend hours and countless dollars pampering yourself, looking for any way you can to reverse the sands of time. From facials and pedicures to massages and acupuncture, you do everything you can to look your best. Still, if you fail to properly care for your hands, all of your efforts may be in vain.
Did you know that the hands age faster than any other part of the body, even the face? This is because the skin on the back of the hand is much thinner than that of the rest of the body. And when you combine this thin skin with the constant wear and tear you put your hands through, it is no wonder that the hands age faster than other parts of the body.
In just one day your hands are exposed to a number of harmful substance, including oil-stripping detergents, cold weather, the sun, and numerous other damaging day-to-day activities. Your hands take a lot of abuse day in and day out. The end result, say experts, are wrinkles, fine lines, dry skin, crinkly crepe-like skin texture, and the noticeable appearance of bulging veins, which also grow larger over time.
But you can fight back! Taking care of your hands is not a difficult process.
Skincare Tips for Your Hands
- Wear gloves when washing the dishes, gardening, or any time you are dealing with chemicals.
- Use sunscreen. Doctors agree that avoiding direct sunlight and using sunscreen are the keys to younger looking hands.
- Try a Paraffin wax treatment. Not only will your hands be softer, but the warm wax also increases blood circulation, allowing for the restoration of improved skin color and ease any joint stiffness.
- Soak your hands in warm milk to help strengthen your nails and hydrate your skin.
- Use the right skincare products!
“There are certainly products and key ingredients that can make a temporary difference in how your hands look, and there are some exciting advances that could help make a real difference in your skin,” says dermatologist David Goldberg, MD, director of Skin Laser & Surgery Specialists of New York and New Jersey.
Plantogen® Recommended Skincare Regimen for Your Hands
Plantogen® Hand & Nail Therapy is a protective hand and nail cream with Hydrolysed Keratin, Retinol, Vitamin E and Sweet Almond Oil provides relief for dry, stressed hands and nails. These natural ingredients work together to help make your hands look younger and healthier.
- Hydrolysed Keratin helps condition and restore unhealthy skin and nails.
- Retinol helps repair and reduce photo aging, making skin look younger
- Vitamin E helps improve the skin’s water-binding ability and helps neutralize the effects of free radicals – one of the major causes of skin aging.
- Sweet Almond Oil helps protect and nourish the skin.
- And more!
How to Use: Massage in well paying particular attention to the nail and cuticle area.
Plantogen® plant derived spa therapy combines pure plant extracts with scientific know how. Plant energy is powerful. The essence of health and beauty comes from within. We can make ourselves feel and look better by taking care of our bodies. Nurture yourself, relieve stress, respect your body and soul. Stay calm, be happy, drink lots of water.
Our philosophy to skincare is this simple.
All Plantogen® products are made in New Zealand where we believe the pace is a little slower, the air is a little cleaner and the water a little purer.